During the period of lockdown employers are encouraged to continue to pay employees, but where this is not economically possible, a special benefit has been created under the Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) to assist with wage payments.
The relief measure applies where there is a reduction in work following a temporary closure of a business operation, whether total or partial for the period of the COVID-19 national disaster.
From 25 March 2020 and will remain in operation until 15 August 2020 or until withdrawn, whichever comes first.
- The company must be registered with the UIF
- The company must comply with the application procedure for the financial relief scheme
- The company’s closure must be directly linked to the COVID-19 pandemic
HOW DO I REGISTER?
and complete the registration form in order to get your UIF Reference Number which you need to apply online.
To get the information you need to apply online send a blank email to email@example.com
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED
- A bank confirmation letter in PDF format
- You need to upload a CSV file with your employee information or you can upload the information manually one employee at a time.
- When you complete the application you will need to accept (electronically) the Letter of Agreement Terms & Conditions and the Memorandum of Agreement Terms & Conditions.
HOW DO I APPLY?
to log in and complete your application