The SMME Debt Relief Finance Scheme will provide soft-loan financing for businesses negatively affected, directly or indirectly, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
6 months from 01 April 2020.
Where assistance is required beyond 6 months, the term may be extended.
- For businesses that are able to demonstrate that they have been negatively affected by the Coronavirus
- Have been registered with CIPC since at least 28 February 2020
- Are 100% owned by South African citizens
- Have at least 70% South African employees
- Are registered and compliant with SARS and UIF. (Note that for non-compliant micro businesses, Seda will assist with compliance. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance in this regard.)
- Businesses must be compliant before making an application
Priority will be given to businesses owned by women, youth and people with disabilities
HOW DO I REGISTER / APPLY?
If not already registered, register on the national SMME database
Note that this is a common application form for both the business growth and resilience facility and the SMME debt relief scheme, and you will need to indicate which you are applying for
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED
Be ready to answer the following questions:
- What finance you are applying for (stock, bridging finance, purchasing order, business equipment)
- Existing credit information
- Who you get your inputs from (raw materials)
You will need to sign a declaration of consent.
Have ready for upload:
- Company statutory documents (CIPC registration documents)
- FICA documents (e.g. municipal accounts)
- Certified copies of the directors / members IDs
- Three months’ bank statements
- Latest annual financial statements/management accounts not older than three months from date of application (where applicable)
- A business profile
- Six months cash flow projections (where applicable)
- Copy of Lease Agreement or proof of ownership if applying for rental relief
If applying for payroll relief, details of employees (as registered with UIF and including banking details) as payroll payments will be made directly to employees
- Facility statements if applying for relief for municipal accounts
Detailed breakdown on application of funds required e.g. for rent, salaries, municipal accounts.
- Application form (hard copy version )