Senior Data Analyst
- The Harambee Software Development team is looking for an exceptional Senior Data Analyst to join their dynamic team based in Johannesburg.
- Do you have experience as a Data Analyst and/or Business Intelligence Analyst with knowledge in data science principles?
- Are you proactive with a willingness to learn and be challenged?
- Do you have incredible attention to detail and a drive to consistently deliver quality work?
- Do you love answering tough business problems with data insights?
- Do you enjoy visualizing data to enable business to track progress and make decisions?
- Now imagine doing that in an organisation that changes lives and has a culture of teamwork, openness and collaboration. If this prospect excites you, then you may be the person we are looking for. This role is about solving problems with fit-for-purpose analytics techniques.
The roles includes:
- Planning and strategy
- Engage with various stakeholders to understand the business and data analysis goals in context of Harambee’s strategy and vision
- Design data solutions for real-time and batch environments
- Document the planning, implementation and operation of the data platform
- Select and integrate any big data tools and frameworks required to enable the business and data analysis goals
- Work closely with the developers and business analysts to design and ensure delivery of data requirements
- Assist in data analysis and data modelling
- Advise on data design and architecture
- Ensure security on data platforms
- Train and facilitate data adoption across Harambee business users
- Prepare analytical data-sets for data mining
- Execute the following database processes:
- Ensure effective infrastructure for processing large volumes of transactional data Implement data retention policies
- Monitor performance and advise on necessary infrastructure changes
- Data analysis
- Plan and deliver data analyses to derive business insights
- Do data validation and quality assurance to ensure accurate dashboards and reports
Gauteng or remote
THE TECHNICAL CHALLENGE
Harambee is building a ground-breaking, scalable, future-fit technology platform that changes lives by helping young first-time work-seekers find jobs and work experiences. Our technology needs to cater for the unique, personalised employment journey of each work-seeker – ultimately using the power of big data to help them find their first job. We run an Agile Development Programme in a DevOps infrastructure and culture. Our cloud-native technology stack is predominantly hosted in Google Cloud Platform with services written in .Net Core and Python. The data landscape includes MYSQL and Big Query. This technology stack is currently being revised to drive a strategy of simplification, business user enablement and data integrity.
Google did a case study on us. Read it here.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS THE FOLLOWING SKILLS
- Passionate about knowledge-sharing and working with people
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Willing to work overtime when required
- Able to communicate across all levels within and outside of an organisational structure, from candidates through to senior managers
- Willing to fulfil a multi-faceted role in a newly established, start-up like environment
- Willing and able to lead by example and live the company values
- Driven by the ideology of having an impact on people’s lives by providing mentorship to young people
- Excited by tech – and concepts like the 4th Industrial revolution
- A degree or diploma in Science or Engineering (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field)
- Has worked at a company of similar size and complexity to Harambee over the past 24 months
- Importantly, you must fit with the Harambee culture, be passionate about our mission and be an individual who leaves things better than you found them