Specialist: OHS and
Business Manager FIS And Hospitality
Harambee is looking for a reliable and resourceful Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) and Facilities Support (Specialist) staff member that will lead initiatives that safeguard the well-being of our team while optimizing facility operations.
Are you looking to play an active role as part of the national facilities management team to ensure a conducive and efficient working environment?
Are you obsessed with ensuring that the workplace meets all legal expectations and actively supports occupational health and safety? Do you have a passion for evaluating and assessing current health and safety procedures and taking a hands-on approach to initiate and facilitate the required measure as required? If YES, then this role could be for you!
Assess, Implement, Maintain and Improve Harambee Occupational Health and
Safety and Maintain Legal Compliance
Establish, Maintain, and Improve and effective OHS Management System
- Integrated health and safety management system concerning all Harambee situations and operations, in line with legal, industry and organisational requirements,
- Collaborating with SHE Reps, Change Champions, Management, Partners and Service providers to influence a health and safety culture in Harambee,
- Keep informed on all legislative and regulatory OHS changes in terms of internal and external elements,
- Keep informed as far as possible on all organisational changes to ensure OHS management systems inclusion and alignments,
- Identify and support all Harambee sites and situations, including mobile operations and fleet.
Continuous OHS Risk Assessments to Inform and Maintain Highest Levels of Safety and Risk Mitigation.
- Effective hazard identification and risk assessments, recommendations, and implementations to eliminate, substitute or effectively control OHS risks,
- Ongoing assessments, inspections, checks and surveys to maintain safety and best practices,
- Full understanding of Harambees legal liability and application of reasonable practicability.
Establish and maintain OHS Plans, Policies and Resources
- Current, relevant, and specific OHS plans and policies to inform and maintain the highest levels of occupational safety and compliance,
- Ensuring that OHS plan and policies are communicating and made available across all level and sectors of the organisation,
- Effective resource management considering organisational and procurement guidelines.
Ensure Harambee Evacuation and Emergency Readiness.
- Ensuring readiness for emergency situations that cannot be prevented, including but not limited to incidents, accidents, and acts of God,
- Enabling Harambee to align with Acts and Regulations and good governance.
Effective Reporting, investigations and preventative measures of
Incidents, Accidents and Near Misses.
- Maintain and improve incident and accident reporting systems,
- Identification, training and mobilising of emergency resources and channels rapid reporting, response, action, and support,
- Enabling and supporting section 24 reporting in line with the OHSA,
- Utmost discretion in terms of protection of confidential information as required by COIDA.
Plan, implement and maintain Health and Safety Training, Appointments and Committees.
- Adherence to safety training as set out and amended by the HWSETA and DEL from time to time,
- Compliance in appointments as per OHS and the General Safety Regulations,
- Internal training and inductions as set out in section 13 of the OHSA.
- Establishing and maintaining a active health and safety committee as per sections 19 and 20 of the OHSA.
Maintain Safe and Conducive Working Environment and Controls.
- Internal and external environmental awareness and reporting,
- Maintaining and improving on the conducive working environment for all Harambees in terms of assessments, recommendation and action based on ergonomics, waste management, chemical storage, chemical handling, and hygiene controls.
Ensure Harambee Contractor and Supplier Safety.
- Working with FIS team to ensure contractor and supplier safety,
- Maintaining safety files, controls, and admin in terms of section 37.2 of the OHSA requirements.
General Facilities Infrastructure and Security Team Resource and Support:
- Always be determined to succeed together and assisting all FIS and Harambee functions, including that of Fleet Invoicing and Projects.
- Remain vigilant and report all near misses, incidents, and accidents effectively.
- Recognized and relevant OHS Degree / Diploma / Certificate, the following modules will be preferred:
- HSE Foundation, Legal, Safety, Health and Environment; Risk Management, Management Systems.
- At least 3 years proven experience in managing OHS in a dynamic
- At least 5 years proven experience in a high pace and team environment.
- At least 3 years proven experience in managing teams, multiple site and projects
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
- The ability to communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary workforce is essential.
- Effective reporting and developing required policies.
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Ability to implement and monitor required measures.
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Emergency response planning
- Facilities Management
- Incident and Investigation skills
- Collaboration and teamwork skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic team and fast paced environment.
- A team player with an absolute “determined to succeed together” attitude and ability to see projects through.
Closing date for applications is 16 November 2023
By applying for this vacancy, you give consent to your CV to be reviewed for other roles and allow for your cv to be shared with the relevant persons at Harambee.