Senior Software Developer
The Harambee Product Development team is looking for an exceptional Senior Software Developer to join their dynamic team based in Johannesburg. Do you have solid experience in C# and excellent knowledge of the .Net Frameworks? Are you passionate about engaging with other developers towards a common goal? Now imagine doing that in an organisation that changes lives and has a culture of teamwork, openness and collaboration. If this prospect excites you, then you may be the person we are looking for.
Johannesburg or remote
- Be able to lead a small team of software developers
- Plan, design and develop new feature functionality for software applications per product owner specifications
- Collaborate with other developers to design and implement features
- Ensure the maintenance of existing production code, aka bug fixing and enhancements
- Work closely with Business Analysts, other developers, project manager and testers and occasionally end-users
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code
- Adhere to development policies and procedures, but also assist in defining/refining those policies and procedures
- Ensure best performance and quality of applications API integration to other platforms, aka, messaging
- Coordinate with Management on current programming tasks
- Ensure all code checked into source control is compiling and properly tested
THE TECHNICAL CHALLENGE
Harambee is building a ground-breaking, scalable, future-fit technology platform that changes lives by helping young first-time work-seekers find jobs and work experiences. Our technology needs to cater for the unique, personalised employment journey of each work-seeker – ultimately using the power of big data to help them find their first job. We run an Agile Development Programme in a DevOps infrastructure and culture. Our cloud-native technology stack is predominantly hosted in Google Cloud Platform with services written in .Net Core and Python.
The data landscape includes MYSQL, Big Query and SOLR. Harambee has also developed a Learning Management System and Assessment platform using Open edX. This technology stack is currently being revised to drive a strategy of simplification, business user enablement and data integrity.
Google did a case study on us. READ IT HERE.
5+ years of solid coding experience in C# and relational database (SQL)
Strong problem-solving skills
Accuracy and attention to detail
Excellent knowledge of the latest .NET frameworks
Proficient in Microsoft Visual Studio
Teamwork skills and the ability to collaborate with other team members
Self-development skills to stay relevant wrt tech and ability to share knowledge within the team
Professional approach to time, costs, quality of work and deadlines
Willingness to take on additional responsibility to ensure team success
Must be able to handle a fast-paced, high-pressure and constantly changing environment
Working knowledge of Azure, GCP or AWS
Working knowledge of Agile development practices, aka within a Scrum or Kanban framework Experience in CI/CD tools aka Jenkins, Azure DevOps
Working knowledge of .NET MVC, WebApi Working knowledge of Docker containers
Working knowledge of Kubernetes
Working knowledge of React, Vue
Working knowledge of Git (Github)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer certification
- Computer Science (or related) degree.
- Has worked at a company of similar size and complexity to Harambee over the past 24 months.
- Importantly, you must fit with the Harambee culture, be passionate about our mission and be an individual who leaves things better than you found them.