Senior Business Analyst
The Harambee Software Development team is looking for an exceptional Senior Business Analyst to join their dynamic team based in Johannesburg. This role is about solving problems with fit-for-purpose analytics techniques. The role includes:
- Define business needs by engaging with Harambee’s Product team and any other relevant stakeholders (young people, employers, partners, funders)
- Define experiments and success metrics to determine the best approach to meet the business needs
- Conduct experiments and monitor metrics to decide the best way forward
- Translate business needs and experiment outcomes into detailed documented business requirements for the technical development teams to build the technical solutions. This includes but is not limited to, processes, data flow requirements and functional requirements
- Confirm business requirements with: a) Business to ensure alignment, b) Actual users to ensure fit-for-purpose solutions and alignment to the user journey, and c) The Technical Development team to ensure clear understanding and technical sizing
- Work closely with Harambee Product team to prioritise business needs and business requirements, in line with Harambee product roadmap
- Identify dependencies, assumptions, and risks, both business and technical, and include in-detailed requirements definitions
- Define acceptance criteria for testers to ensure thorough software testing
- Support testers specifically in User Acceptance Testing Support Harambee business and users in adopting new processes and solutions
- Work closely with the Product and Development teams in defining new internal operating processes and standards to ensure continuous improvements in “way of working”
- Other related duties required to deliver a quality technology platform and data environment for Harambee
Gauteng or remote
THE TECHNICAL CHALLENGE
Harambee is building a ground-breaking, scalable, future-fit technology platform that changes lives by helping young first-time work-seekers find jobs and work experiences.
Our technology needs to cater for the unique, personalised employment journey of each work-seeker – ultimately using the power of big data to help them find their first job. We run an Agile Development Programme in a DevOps infrastructure and culture. Our cloud-native technology stack is predominantly hosted in Google Cloud Platform with services written in .Net Core and Python. The data landscape includes MYSQL and Big Query. This technology stack is currently being revised to drive a strategy of simplification, business user enablement and data integrity.
Google did a case study on us. Read it here.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND TRAITS
- 6 – 10 years of hands on business analysis experience
- Some exposure to building software and working with data
- Proven track record of exceptional quality delivery
- Knowledge in analytics techniques and mathematical concepts
- Comfortable explaining analytical findings to technical and non-technical audiences
- Willingness to learn
- A passion for knowledge sharing and upskilling other team member
- A graduate degree in IT, Informatics, Engineering, Computer Science or related
- Has worked at a company of similar size and complexity to Harambee over the past 24 months
- Importantly, you must fit with the Harambee culture, be passionate about our mission and be an individual who leaves things better than you found them.