QA Testing Team Leader
Harambee Youth Employment Accelerator has formed a best practice digital centre, called DigiLink, based in Cape Town. DigiLink offers unemployed youth the opportunity to upskill in digital careers including software testing, software development and data analytics via an intensive and focused training programme. Candidates are then provided with opportunities to work with partner companies to practically apply these newly acquired skills in the real world.
The DigiLink team are looking for a QA Testing Team Leader who will work with the Head of Quality, as well as the delivery teams, to ensure that all client requirements are translated into executional delivery processes that deliver exceptional output and support against these requirements on time and in budget. The candidate should have both team leader and the relevant/detailed technical experience to assist with all delivery and execution aspects in the DigiLink Centre.
All Harambee team members are required to adopt a flexible approach to their roles as we are a rapidly evolving and innovative organisation. While key responsibilities of the role are outlined below, Harambee reserves the right to change and/or expand on these responsibilities as the organisation evolves and as the employee grows.
- Manual Testing (feature and regression)
- Creation of and executing test cases and test plans (feature and regression testing)
- Reviewing of test cases
- Ensuring team members adhere to client specific QA standards and processes Identify, log and analyse and track defects through to resolution
- Collaborate with team members to improve the test process and framework
- Participation in Scrum ceremonies
- Prepare and present Test Status reports to management and external clients
- Training and mentoring QA interns in QA methodology, standards and best practice
- Contribute to improvements in the QA process
- Contributing to team’s KPAs and performance appraisals
- Manage multiple backlogs across multiple clients
- Coordinate, manage and assist with QA testing work delivery on various client projects, adhering to client SDLC/delivery framework
- 4+ years formal software testing experience
- 2+ years SQL experience (MS SQL or MySQL)
- 2+ years API testing (Postman, Jmeter SOAPUI or simlar)
- 1+ year working with Cloud platforms
- 1+ year working with repository tools like Github, GitLab etc.
- 2+ years’ experience on Test Management Tools (Jira, MS TFS, Azure Devops, Quality Centre or similar)
- ISTQB Foundation certified
- Advantageous: Experience with web automation testing tools (Selenium or similar)
- Passionate about knowledge sharing and working with people
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Willing to work overtime when required
- Able to communicate across all levels within and outside of an organisational structure, from candidates through to senior managers
- Willing to fulfil a multi-faceted role in a newly established, start-up-like environment
- Willing and able to lead by example and live the company values
- Driven by the ideology of having an impact on people’s lives by providing mentorship to young people
- Excited by tech – and concepts like the Fourth Industrial Revolution