Programme Manager: Digital Work Accelerator Project Support Office
The Programme Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of the Digital Work Accelerator’s (DWA) Project Support Office (PSO), which includes tracking and driving the achievement of strategic outcomes, the management of inter-dependencies, oversight of any risks and issues arising, and the effective leadership of the PSO team.
This is a highly matrixed role which will involve complex coordination and stakeholder engagement and will include the direct supervision of a team consisting of Project Manager(s) and Administrator(s).
The Programme Manager will have a dual reporting line into the Digital Work Accelerator Lead and the Digital Work Accelerator Steering Committee Many of the projects are in the early stages of their lifecycle, and consequently, the incumbent will be required to adopt a flexible approach to the role.
The successful incumbent will be employed on a 12-month fixed term contract.
The key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Have a clear understanding of the Digital Work Accelerator strategy, and how it relates to all stakeholders
- Promote the strategic objectives of the Digital Work Accelerator across all stakeholders and actively identify new initiatives and opportunities
- Build and maintain new relationships in the digital and ICT sector
- Consult with all stakeholders to obtain a clear and detailed understanding of the scope and requirements for each project
- Contribute information and recommendations to achieve the successful implementation of the Digital Work Accelerator initiatives
- Develop strategic outcomes and priorities with the Steering Committee and Working Groups Assist with unblocking barriers to the successful achievement of the strategic objectives of the Digital Work Accelerator
- Develop project plans for the provision of integrated and prioritised programme management support for the Digital Work Accelerator structures to enable the successful achievement of the strategic outcomes
- Manage consultants and other resources appointed, seconded or contracted to the PSO Track and monitor the delivery of project outcomes to ensure they are met within time, cost and resource requirements
- Maintain coordination and interdependencies between the projects and the respective stakeholders
- Build concept frameworks to attract additional funding for Digital Work Accelerator initiatives
- Develop and manage the PSO budget Ensure project financial and risk management aspects are timeously escalated to the Digital Work Accelerator Lead and the Steering Committee
- Ensure timeous and relevant communication with all stakeholders
- Consolidate progress reports and dashboards submitted by the leads of working groups and prepare status reports for the Steering Committee against the Digital Work Accelerator’s strategic objectives
- Keep all records and information in a manner which is logical and easily accessible
- Diploma/Degree in Project Management or Operations Management with at least 3-5 years proven experience at a senior level, driving delivery of outcomes
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders, diverse teams and multiple functions
- Experience working in an ambiguous, ever changing, fast paced environment
- Superior relationship management skills
- Highly organised and detail-orientated
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (particularly Excel and PowerPoint skills)
- The candidate must be proficient and comfortable working, engaging and executing on the required scope and responsibilities virtually, as required
- The incumbent must be comfortable with a high degree of self-management
- May be required to work after hours and/or on weekends
- Drivers licence and own vehicle essential
- Required to travel nationally as and when required