Procurement and Contract Manager
Harambee Youth Employment Accelerator has formed a best practice digital centre, called Digilink, based in Cape Town. Digilink offers unemployed youth the opportunity to upskill in digital careers including software testing, software development and data analytics, via an intensive and focused training programme. Candidates are then provided with opportunities to work with partner companies to practically apply these newly acquired skills in the real world.
Harambee is looking for a Procurement and Manager. The incumbent will ensure that Harambee is conducting its business in full compliance with all national and international laws and regulations that pertain to its industry, as well as professional standards, accepted business practices, and internal standards, whilst understanding Harambee’s strategy and what is required to achieve this.
This role will support the CFO in preparing and continuous review of company policies in partnership with the People team, as well as reviewing all third party contracts, and advising management on possible risks.
At Harambee all employees are required to adopt a flexible approach to their roles and Harambee reserves the right to change and/or expand on the assigned responsibilities as the organisation changes and grows.
AS A PROCUREMENT AND CONTRACT MANAGER, YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
- Assist with preparation and/or review of all:
- Local and international grant or contract agreements
- MOU’s (Memorandum of Understanding)
- SLA’s (Service Level Agreements)
- Implementation agreements
- Agreements of Service – employer partner contracts (where relevant)
- Assist with the reviewing of Harambee procurement policies and procedures on an ongoing basis to identify areas for enhancement
- Act as the National Procurement Manager, ensuring all processes are adequately adhered to including tender processes and preparation of RFPs
- Review, where relevant, service providers/suppliers to ensure that deliverables are in accordance with the terms and conditions of the signed contracts
- Assist in maintaining and promoting a culture within Harambee, appropriate to meeting regulatory requirements and in line with industry best practice
- Keep abreast of developments in relevant laws, regulations and guidelines
- Provide advice to staff on compliance issues which arise on a day-to-day basis
- Review and update as necessary the overall organisational policies and guidelines
- Prepare and maintain the Company Risk Register and present quarterly updates to the Audit and Risk Committee
- Ensuring that the business has effective systems, procedures, and controls for compliance with requirements and standards under the regulatory system, including risk management, client categorisation, anti-money laundering and data protection
- Identifying gaps in compliance and address those by implementing systems, procedures and controls and working with business systems to implement them
- Providing internal training on regulatory topics for the business to keep abreast of regulatory issues and to enhance individual ownership of risk and director fiduciary responsibilities
- Whatever else is needed to deliver results
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Minimum Bachelor of Laws or BCom Law with a focus on contract law
- Minimum of three to five years relevant work experience
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE, YOU SHOULD BE
- Be able to establish and maintain sound relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide direction required for organisational success.
- Embrace diversity and ensure fairness.
- Focus on optimising own and others’ energy to drive results.
- Use analysis, logic, innovation, experience, skill, and knowledge to solve problems.
- Effectively express oneself verbally and in writing in the English language.
- Demonstrate strong conviction in own judgment and actions.
- Use discretion and deal with sensitive information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Have an advanced proficiency in MS Office – including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and a high degree of emotional intelligence (EQ).
- Be meticulous and able to pay attention to detail.
By working for Harambee, you’ll get to:
- Do meaningful, impactful work every day
- Be part of solving one of South Africa’s biggest challenges – youth unemployment
- Work with really nice smart people
- Enjoy a flexible working environment, focused on results
- Take time off for yourself with a generous amount of annual leave
- Prioritise your personal growth and development; as well as your health and wellbeing through a strong focus on holistic wellness