Learning Solutions Specialist
Head of Learning Solutions
Gauteng or Remote
Unlocking Knowledge, Transforming Learning! Harambee is looking for a Learning
Solutions Specialist to play a critical role in the architecture of transformation, to be the
maestro of education, and the catalyst for knowledge. In this dynamic role, you bring
learning to life, creating innovative and engaging solutions that empower young people
that are excluded in entry-level jobs and organizations to thrive.
- Responsible for defining and designing the most appropriate learning
solutions as an offering to employers who in turn will train excluded youth in
- Responsible for developing and delivering high quality work across the full
learning cycle of assessments (pre- and post-training), content and impact
evaluation. This includes ongoing maintenance and updates to the offering.
- Works closely with Harambee’s internal teams and employers to analyse and
clearly document learning needs. Recommends and implements learning
solutions and/or updates to the offering in response to identified needs.
- Keeps abreast of employer needs for effective transitioning and retention of
excluded young people and tweaks offerings accordingly.
- Works closely with Harambee’s product team to analyse how “learned skills”
boost a young person’s profile on the SA Youth Platform; and where relevant
implements product features and/or enhancements.
- Keeps abreast of latest learning methodology and media for impact. This
includes researching organisations having impact through innovative and
cutting-edge application of learning solutions, and where required,
establishing, and maintaining relationships with such organisations.
- As a report to the Head of Learning Solutions, supports the robust efforts to
select, negotiate, and enter partnerships with third party vendors to deliver
learning solutions as and where necessary.
- In partnership with the Head of Learning Solutions, identifies, initiates and
implements research projects as related to learning solutions offerings.
- At least 10 years proven track record of designing and managing learning
programmes to support the achievement of learning strategies across
- Experience in research/data analysis/monitoring and evaluation of learning
- Experience in an environment concerned with and working towards inclusive
learning methodology and application.
- Experience of delivering on the learning needs of internal and external clients
by collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Deep knowledge of learning methodologies and approaches
- Experience in taking learning solutions to market.
- Experience developing learning solution “marketing campaigns” that drive
interest and participation in learning programs.
- A relevant degree and \ or certifications in learning and organizational
development, Education, and psychology.
Skills and Competencies
- Instructional Design
- Learning Theories
- E-Learning Development
- Content Creation, Editing and Quality Control
- Content Management
- Curriculum Development
- Needs Assessment
- Project Management
- Technology Integration
- Communication skills
- Cross – Cultural Sensitivity
- Collaboration with Technical Teams
Apply for this position by sending your CV to email@example.com, including the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Closing date for applications is 27 October 2023
By applying for this vacancy, you give consent to your CV to be reviewed for other roles and allow for your cv to be shared with the relevant persons at Harambee.