The Harambee Product Development team is looking for an exceptional QA Engineer to join their dynamic team. Do you have experience as a manual tester with knowledge in front end, integration and data testing? Are you proactive with a willingness to learn? Do you have exceptional work ethic and attention to detail? Now imagine doing that in an organisation that changes lives and has a culture of teamwork, openness and collaboration. If this prospect excites you, then you may be the person we are looking for.
This role is about ensuring the quality and integrity of our code through testing frameworks. You’ll need to:
- Review system requirements in order to clearly understand what needs to be tested from a functionality, performance, data and security perspective
- Create and maintain a testing framework and methodology under the Ieadership of the Testing Manager in order to create a test environment for current and upcoming requirements
- Create test plans and strategies. Manage the implementation of these with the rest of the testing team to ensure consistent quality in what gets deployed
- Develop and execute tests using proper test case design patterns
- Maintain test case inventories
- Create required data for test cases in collaboration with the Data Engineering team
- Evaluate various testing tools when required and develop a proof of concept before making a recommendation
- Have an excellent knowledge of the software architecture within the Harambee Pathwaying Platform
- Clearly and accurately communicate testing outcomes to stakeholders and project members
- Report defects or issues found during the execution of tests to business analysts, developers or other relevant team members to verify
- Anything else as required to ensure and maintain the quality of the Harambee Pathwaying Platform
- Harambee is building a ground-breaking, scalable, future-fit technology platform that changes lives by helping young first-time work-seekers find jobs and work experiences. Our technology needs to cater for the unique, personalised employment journey of each work- seeker – ultimately using the power of big data to help them find their first job. We run an Agile Development Programme in a DevOps infrastructure and culture. Our cloud- native technology stack is predominantly hosted in Google Cloud Platform with services written in .Net Core and Python. The data landscape includes MYSQL and Big Query. This technology stack is currently being revised to drive a strategy of simplification, user enablement, scale data integrity. Google did a case study on us. READ IT.
- The ideal candidate has the following skills and traits:
- 3 – 4 years’ experience as a manual tester
- Knowledge in front end, integration and data testing
- Process mapping
- Test case generation
- Test reporting
- Test planning and preparation
- Functional testing and regression testing
- Bug reporting and documentation.
- Experience with the following tools preferable:- Jira- Test rail
- Willingness to learn
- Attention to detail
- Computer Science (or related) degree or diploma.
- Has worked at a company of similar size and complexity to Harambee over the past 24 months.
- Importantly, you must fit with the Harambee culture, be passionate about our mission and be an individual who leaves things better than you found them.